Monday, August 9, 2010

Flying out to Uni!

Friday 16 July, 2010
Got up and finished packing, took our bags down before a breakfast of fried eggs and bacon. Then we turned in our sheets and towels and keys. We loaded up the bus and luggage truck and headed off to Cairns airport. Newcastle flights can’t hold all of our luggage so one bag was left on standby and would be sent later. The airport was so clean and colourful. It was refreshing to have a happy atmosphere in an airport! Walked around the shopping mall they had in the terminal with Maggie and Nerissa while we waited for our flight.
We arrived at uni late because of a delay in Brisbane, but Steph and Yedda took care of me. I got my info, keys, and take away dinner. They helped me settle in. Gave me a food cupboard that was supposedly occupied, but the only one available. Turns out the girl whose room I now live in left all her food here when she left. About 15 minutes after leaving me Yedda called and said her brother was taking Beth and Finn to the store and asked if I wanted to come. Sweet! I got some SAFE food and basic stuff to last the week. Eamon was really nice and waited very patiently for Finn…lol When we got back I set up my room and unpacked and ate. Still lacking the personal touch but it’s not too bad for living in. Holly came over and hung out for a while. Went to sleep for the first time in my new flat!

No comments:

Post a Comment