Monday, October 4, 2010

MojoSurf!

10 September, 2010
MojoSurf trip began today!!! :D The bus was late picking us up but it at least picked us up at uni and not in Hexam. I never actually found out where that is. Lol. I got to hang out with Bridget again! The bus ride was about 4 hours. I don’t know where we actually went but it was a private camp with their own private section of beach in the bay.  I bunked with Bridget and 10 other people. 11 girls and 1 guy. Bahaha! Whe we got there it was around 1 AM so we just stayed at the bonfire by the beach for a little while. I forgot my contact case so I had to sleep with my contacts in. Oops! We only got about 4 hours of sleep, because wake up was 7 am!
Sat’day
Breakfast was gluten free and yummy! Lesson brief was at 8 and they first lesson at 8:30. My group just hung out in the hammocks and chilled in the sun. We got our wetsuits and hiked out to the beach around 10. We spent a good amount of time learning about waves, the proper board for a person, and different techniques for getting up on the board. Once we got in the water I stood up after about my fifth try! I was so excited! The rest of the lesson went pretty well. I wiped out plenty of times but I stood and rode waves heaps!  The instructors called us in for lunch and then we just laid in the sun for a couple hours. Aiden (the cook/surfer who was super attentive to my allergies) water bombed us! It was heaps funny but I didn’t like having a wet towel. Lol
The other group went for their second surf lesson and we headed for the beach. We had a soccer game and the camp dog, Grummy, was a hilarious asset to both teams! The arvo surf was a bit tougher because the tide was going out so the waves were dumping waves. I still managed to get up it just took a while to get the hang of it again. Tweaked my old MCL injury and had to call it a day about 3 minutes before everyone else got called in. Took care of the boards and hung up the wetsuits. Got to take a shower! Yay! Dinner was the most amazing chicken I’ve ever had! :D After dinner we played Jenga to see which table had to do the dishes. For the first in 10 years our group took Jenga as far as Jenga can go! YEWW! Since that didn’t decide it there was a wheat-bix eating contest. Wheat-bix is normally heated and mashed with hot water/milk so you can imagine eating it dry as fast as you can! Yuck! My group lost so we had to do all the dishes. No bigs, it was a good bonding experience.  Played cards with people and then went down to the bonfire. I have never seen so many stars in my life! This place was absolutely beautiful! It was mind-bogglingly breath taking!!! I called it a night around midnight because I was in the early morning surf group. There wasn’t much point though because I woke up when all the drunkies came back. Pooh on them 
Sunday
This morning required no long talks. Just get your board and go out there! I paddled out with Jordo (one of the surf instructors) to get closer look at the dolphins and whales. It was awesome as! The surf was kinda dead so we had to wait a while between swells quite a bit. Sometimes I just sat on my board and stared at the ocean. It was a pretty chill morning. We got to surf extra long because the second group didn’t all come out (they were a bit hungover). After my knee bummed out for the day just laid in the sun with everyone until lunch. We had a good lunch, ordered our pics and then loaded the bus for home. Slept a lot on the way back to Newy.  I was quite sunburnt after that day. I took the piss for it. Lol. Did laundry, watched a movie and then went to bed. It was the best weekend EVER!

No comments:

Post a Comment