Friday, December 31, 2010

Last Day in Newy/First in New Zealand

Thursday/Friday 25/26
Continued packing most of the day; Ben took us to the postal shop to ship our boxes home. Packed some more and we ate the rest of the food in my cupboard and watched Glee and Burn Notice. Then headed to Nat’s room for chocolate milk and music! Went for one last drive to Kmart and then we went back to 420 to hang for a bit before Rhi took N and I to the train station. Said more tearful goodbyes. :’( I think I cried the hardest when I said good bye to Emma, Sean, and Nat. I frickin hate goodbyes and crying! I thought I was all out of tears when I said bye to Liam and Angie, but the water works came back on the train after saying bye to Rhiannon. We caught the 11:30pm train in Broadmeadow and had to switch trains in Gosford and that train was suppose to take us to Sydney Central Station but they made us get off in Hornsby. After much debate and talking to the guards Nerissa and I ended up taking a taxi to the international airport terminal. The doors didn’t open until 4 AM (we were rushing because we thought we needed to be at the airport 3 hours before departure). So we had over an hour to wait on a bench outside the terminal. At this point we were beyond exhaustion, I hadn’t slept at all and Nerissa only napped on the train. We finally got in then had issues with our boarding passes because I couldn’t get my itinerary printed. The ticket worker eventually printed our boarding passes and checked our bags. Customs wasn’t ready for us yet so we had to wait for a bit outside, but once we got in it was smooth sailing. Waited for 6 AM boarding, got on, settled in with a movie, saw about 30 seconds of it! Lol. Brekky was a no go since I was about to faceplant in it anyhow. When we landed in Auckland we went right through customs and then went searching for a shuttle from the airport to our hostel. We checked into the Base X hostel and then an hour nap turned into a 7 hour sleep! We still had a bit of daylight left when we woke up so we explored a bit. We found a gelato shop by the harbour that had a selection of 12 sorbets! I’ve never seen so many choices in one shop! I got a double scoop of plum and kiwi and Nerissa go pomegranate and passionfruit. So delicious! We had Subway and Wendy’s guacamole chilli fries for dinner. Uh yum! Walked back to the hostel and sorted out music for Nerissa for a bit, then went to bed. Early day tomorrow =)

No comments:

Post a Comment