Saturday, January 8, 2011

Friday 10 December

Today I slept in until 9 just because John said I should sleep as I wish, and eat as I wish because I’m on holiday. Had some juice for brekky and then got ready to go sandboarding! Mike the lodge owner ended up taking me down to the dock. Boarded the boat that would take us across the harbour to the dunes, and we got a brief lesson on the way over and were then let loose on the beach. Went down a few times then decided to walk/explore a bit. The sand looked like it could go on forever and the water was so clear and blue! Came back and boarded again. On my last go I grabbed the stray board the people left before us and boarded all the way into the water! Sweet as! Laid on the beach until the boat came back to get us. Did a bit of grocery shopping and then Jamie took me back. At lunch then showered, and wrote for a while. Expecting a chill night. Reading and relaxing the rest of the day. Picked up Three Cups of Tea by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin. Read a bit in the hammock but fell asleep to the sound of the waves.

No comments:

Post a Comment