Saturday, January 8, 2011

Monday 13 December Flying home

Had to be at the airport around 11 which worked out fine because I had to checkout by 10 AM. Finished packing and got my airport shuttle ticket. Stood at the wrong corner for the bus for about 15 mins then figured it out. Caught the next bus and rode to the airport. I was the only one on the bus who was flying internationally. Had to wait for quite a while to get through baggage check. My luggage was overweight but it was packed so precisely and tightly I couldn’t rearrange anything! It was all good though because they didn’t end up charging me for it. I got to the airport super early so they didn’t have a gate for my flight yet, so I decided to get some lunch while I waited. Watched a crap soccer game, then watched the beginning of a good one. Finally had a gate, so I put my journal away and walked to my gate. Curled up with Jane Austen and waited for my seat to be called. It ended up being a different seat than the window seat I originally had. I didn’t mind until after dinner, when I had a lady falling asleep on my left and a very fidgety sleeping man on my right. I didn’t get any sleep on that whole flight. Watched a lot of movies and made a playlist that I didn’t end up listening to. Lol. Got my bags in LA and then took them through customs and then dropped them off again. Once I got through security which is way more complex than NZ, I got some coffee and waited for my flight to Chicago. Laid on my stomach behind a pillar to stretch out my back and read Jane Austen some more. Boarded and got a window seat this time just behind the wing. It was a decent seat but I still couldn’t sleep. Didn’t finish Jane yet but I was really close. I couldn’t read any more when the captain said we were beginning our decent to Chicago. I got really excited and couldn’t sit still anymore! Lol. I couldn’t wait to see my brother and mom! They got there just as the bags were coming around! Matthew tackled me and I couldn’t let go of mum! LOL. I was so happy to see them again! Long car ride home, but mum fed me and then I fell asleep after dinner. Winter storm made the drive longer. Got home and slept, and slept, and slept. I slept for the whole next week. A sinus infection, cold, and jet lag combo was just awesome! :/ I’m happy to be home and seeing people at school again, but I miss my friends in AUS and the warm sunshine! Love you guys!

This will be my last post on my adventures overseas. If any school adventures come up I'll see what I can do about updating this. I hope I haven't bored you and have given enough detail to let you know what I've been up to!

No comments:

Post a Comment