Thursday, January 6, 2011

Monday 6 December

7:30 AM pick up for the Magic bus tour! Yay! My boredom had hopes of ceasing! Mikey Mike the driver was hilarious. He asked who was excited to be on the bus, I was the only one who raised my hand. Lol. After brekky we played a game of ‘who can be the loudest?’ to wake us up. It came down to the 2 Americans, the 3 Irish Girls, and the German. Round 2 was for length and the Americans and the Irish won a drink on Mike! The rest of the drive was pretty quiet, saw some naturally pink (hot pink!) sheep! No one knows why they came that way, just 40 randomly pink sheep. Got to Paihia around noon, had to give the manager my passport because I didn’t have enough cash for the key deposit and the bank had frozen my accounts for some reason. (I had tried to pay for a dolphin trip but couldn’t). So that was a major bummer. I had enough to get some food though, so I walked to the Countdown about 2 kilometres down the road. Apples, rice and beans! Yum! After I ate I went down to the beach to chill with the Irish girls and the 2 Swiss people I met at the Magic pick up. Stayed and tried to catch some rays but the clouds were making it difficult. Lol We had a barbeque that night at the Base X Hostel up the road from us. Mike got us our drinks and they just seemed to keep on coming after that! The Irish are all for shouts! Lol! I had to get up early for my Cape Reinga day trip so I left around 12 with Stefan, the German friend of the Irish, who was also going on this trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment